Friday, November 04, 2005

"Cacel this"-popups

UI design..

Could anyone please inform MS about this topic?!

[sigh]


Why is it, every time I move some files from a memory card, onto my hard disk, using windows explorer it will take a couple of seconds (10,20,30, or even more) before the actual copying starts?!

As I consider my command to be accepted, I might just enter some data in another window, (irc, gvim, address bar, whatever) and this "moving files..." with a cancel button will be popped up, and of course, any key press will shutdown the copy or move process, instantly. Why is it windows always asks "are you sure?" except for this case?

Okay, probably I would write a flame blog about that as well. But anyway.

Not only windows is a problem here though. Miranda-icq does the same with file transfer windows, once it pops up (which is most commonly happening during a chat) a file transfer window will pop-up with the abort button focussed.. And me having to write "could you please send that file again?"


Is it truly that hard to set focus on the window itself (though I doubt you even have to) instead of the button? form.focus() in VB I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home